Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 184 > Turkey Vulture

My photo hunt had been rather unproductive this morning. It was one of those days where I had no particular subject in mind so I'd gone out for a walk waiting for something to present itself to me.
After a long, tiring and fruitless hike through meadow and forest I was beginning to feel that old frustration coming on. I had decided to return one last time to the meadow where some nice butterflies had been visiting the large blossoms of the Purple Cone Flowers that had just begun blooming. As I cut through the tall grass I suddenly notice shadows from something large passing overhead again and again. I looked up to find a group of five Turkey Vultures circling above my head.
Had the long walk had taken more out of me than I realized? Were these birds just waiting for me to expire? Is this how the photo project would end??
As it turned out they were actually offering me an opportunity to breath one more day of life into my photographic endeavor and I gladly took them up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment