Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 206 > Golden Rays / Morning Sun

I returned to the prairie on the university campus this morning hoping to capture the blooming compass plants. Many of them had newly opened flowers but the shooting proved to be quite a challenge with these six foot tall plants swaying constantly in a fairly strong breeze. After finding it was basically impossible to compose or even focus, I tried holding the stem to steady the flower then shot holding the camera with just my right hand. I was convinced I had NO chance of getting a sharp, well composed photo under these conditions so I was thrilled to find upon returning home that the results were much better than I had feared.

1 comment:

  1. love this one and the tittle is precious :D Its not a sunflower, is it?!

    ReplyDelete