Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 201 > Morning Stretch / Black-Eyed Susans

I went back to the meadow in the Baird Creek Parkway this morning in search of blooming compass plants. Unfortunately, I found that the plants are not yet flowering but have grown higher than my head at this point. They should be spectacular in a couple weeks at most.
What I did find where thousands of Black-eyed Susans blooming throughout the tall grass.
Once again I found myself up to my neck in flowers as I searched for an interesting perspective, first above and then finally below the blossoms, with stems taut, stretching toward the sun.
It's the memory of a perfect morning like this that I hope might take some of the chill out of a future shoot some cold December morning following winter's inevitable return...

1 comment: