Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 276 > A Forgotten Bridge


Like so many people, I've driven past this old train bridge that parallels one of the busiest thoroughfares in my city a thousand times yet I had scarcely noticed it as I went by. It does take a bit of craning of the neck to see these stone arches below so it's understandable that it is so overlooked.
Recently I had begun to look more closely as I passed and today decided to see what it looked like from below. Arriving at the edge of the little river that passes under the bridge it became evident that few people ever go there judging by the lack of trash that visitors to anywhere tend to leave behind and the lack of much graffiti on the bridge. It's kind of nice to think there are places like this within the city that are rarely seen by anyone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment