Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 299 > Bridge Over Baird Creek

I've visited the banks of Baird Creek hundreds of times over the past decade and yet, until today, had never been to its mouth in the inner city where it pours into the East River and then carried on to the bay. For me, Baird Creek has always been a natural place separate from the nearby city so I've avoided the urban areas it flows through perhaps just to keep that wild illusion intact in my mind. However, I recently noticed this little bridge, barely visible across a field from a nearby street, and today decided to investigate. To my surprise, I found a very pleasant setting of old oak trees near the bridge and on down the creek that reflected in the calm water and blotted out the surrounding city.

No comments:

Post a Comment