Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 300 > Castaways

I noticed an interesting similarity today between Man and Nature. As I've made my way around the city the past several days, I've seen a much greater volume of unwanted items left on the curb for the trash collectors by people cleaning up their yards, garages and basements in preparation for Winter.
In the forest something very similar is happening. All around, the unwanted leaves and pine needles, twigs and branches and anything else no longer of use are being cast off. The forest however, unlike the people, has a much better disposal plan. Whereas the broken and discarded plastic lawn chair I saw today will remain a broken plastic lawn chair for ages to come, the forest's castaways will quickly break down and once again become a part of the system from whence it came.

2 comments: