Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 326 > November Dawn / Kewaunee Light

I was on the road this morning by 5:45am driving cross country through a pea soup fog on my way to the Lake Michigan shore. Upon arrival I was at first discouraged to find that the fog in the harbor was so thick that it obscured any view of the lighthouse I had intended to capture with the sunrise which now also seemed in doubt. My only hope was to walk the pier and get closer to the lighthouse. Halfway down the pier the light came into view shrouded in fog giving it a really eerie feel (see my Wish You Where Here blog). 15 minutes later the sun finally fought it's way up through the mist and crawled into the sky appearing as a great orange ball. At that moment the memory of my way too early morning start became a whole lot less painful.

2 comments:

  1. Very worth your effort - love it! The sun came out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a saying in golf that goes like this: "I'd rather be lucky than good." which really makes no sense. There's another saying that good luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Well you earned this one and it's a great photo.

    ReplyDelete