Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 333 > Mute Swans

I took a long drive up the peninsula this morning with lighthouses in mind but halfway to my destination I ran into a steady rain. The rain persisted upon my arrival at Peninsula State Park and ruined all the shots I'd had in mind when I set out. Just as I had sort of given up hope of finding today's photo in this place under such miserable conditions, I spotted these swans feeding just off shore. I was already wet so the soggy trudge through the marsh to the water's edge nearest the birds didn't really phase me.
When I first saw them I had hope they might be migrating Tundra Swans but they are in fact Mute Swans, an introduced Eurasian species. But native or non-native they saved me a much longer day of hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment