Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 349 > Anyone Up For A Picnic?

The weather man lied to me this morning about the conditions saying that we'd have cloudy skies and snow flurries until later morning. An hour later, after I had blown off my road trip to the lake for sunrise based on that forecast, the day dawned partly cloudy and with a really pretty sky to the east. Grrr.
Irritated, and with a vow not to pay any further attention to weathermen in planning my shooting, I headed off anyway toward the lake. By luck I arrived at the shore at Kewaunee just in time to catch the last passing clouds that helped diffuse the bright sun. An impressive bank of clouds still hung over the water on toward the horizon adding drama to the scene. Within minutes the light changed and then so did the scene but I managed to grab this image in a rush before the good light was lost.

1 comment:

  1. The sky is awesome in this one. And yes, I'll join you for a picnic here!

    ReplyDelete