Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 350 > At Wequiock Falls

I had already settled on the image I wanted to capture when I set out again this morning for Wequiock Falls and upon arrival did, in fact, work for 30 minutes at doing this shoot exactly as I had planned.
However, I'd also brought the video cam on this trip and in the process of capturing the frozen falls and gorge from this perspective and that, I happened to walk down the old tunnel through which the creek flows and over which the nearby road passes. I walked through and back and as I returned to the side nearest the falls I suddenly saw the whole scene framed by the tunnel's opening. Oddly, I had been pondering this very idea from home one day, wondering if it could be an interesting composition being quite a different perspective on the scene. My test shots did indeed look interesting but still seemed to be missing something now that I had captured the falls with more of an urban feel. Enter ME.
I was hesitant at first to model but after promising myself that we could finally get out of the cold and enjoy a hot cup of coffee back in the car, I agreed and I have to say I'm quite happy with the result.

2 comments:

  1. How about another behind the falls shot here? Love that one! This one is a great shot too and I already told you that it's great to put yourself in the scene sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the cold and the patience. It is a really good shot. Both the tunnel frame and you as spectator work well to enhance it.

    ReplyDelete